With 2 strawberry seasons a year in Australia we absolutely love how versatile this strawberry and honey preserve is. In the summer season it can be used like a cordial and stirred into iced teas or a cold glass of milk (great strawberry milk for the kids as its packed full of vitamins). During winter it is decadent when spooned over the top of a hot bowl of creamy oats or made into a warm sweet tea. It's super quick and easy so give it a go and let us know what you think! Watch the step by step video for how to, or recipe below.
- 500g fresh strawberries
- 500g 500+ manuka honey
- Sterilize jars by submerging in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Wash, gently dry and hull 500g fresh strawberries.
- In a mixing bowl, use a potato masher (or similar) to crush berries well.
- Pour in 500g honey - we used 500+ MGO for its warm and caramelised flavour profile, but you can use any strength manuka you like.
- Mix well and then spoon into jars.
- Seal and keep in fridge until you are ready to enjoy!