PEOPLE WITH HONEY & BEE ALLERGIES
Allergic reactions to honey are more likely to occur in people with allergic reactions to pollens and bee venom. You can try testing the honey on your inner wrist; if itching occurs, do not eat it and rinse your skin immediately. If itching, vomiting, diarrhoea, or constant sneezing after ingestion occurs discontinue use and consult your doctor.
IF YOU SUFFER DIABETES OR OTHER DISEASES
Please consult your doctor to determine the appropriate level of intake. Honey may be suitable for those suffering diabetes as an alternative to refined sugar, however, as honey contains natural sugar, you should only use it as directed by your doctor.
FOR INFANTS UNDER 24 MONTHS
Honey and honey products are NOT suitable for children under 24 months. Botulinum spores, which may be present in small quantities in honey, can be fatal to infants who are still developing immunity and digestive functions. Although we know of no instances where our honey has caused infant botulism, we suggest a precautionary approach and only feed honey to children over 24 months.
Note: Honey can be eaten by women who are pregnant or breast-feeding as the botulinum spores do not pass through the placenta or blood vessels. However, if you are suffering from gestational diabetes or any other gestational concerns, please consult your doctor.