Both ginger and nashi pear are great for digestion; a large nashi pear can have up to 40% of your daily fibre and ginger is well known for its carminative effect. Paired with manuka honey the combination will help to manage bad bacteria and your gut will thank you for it. Try making our nashi preserve and topping your morning breakfast with it or making it into a tea. Watch the step by step video for how to, or recipe below.
5 small fresh nashi pears (or 3 large ones)
500g manuka honey 500+ MGO
- Sterilize jars and lids by submerging in boiling water for 10 minutes. Use tongs to remove and set aside to air dry.
- Wash and peel the nashi pear, remove cores and slice thinly.
- Wash and peel the ginger then slice thinly.
- Layer the nashi pear, ginger and manuka honey until the jar is full.
- Seal and keep in the fridge until you are ready to enjoy.